You can’t find any work
Most bloggers who enter a specific niche want to earn some money from their activity. While it has been said so many times that you shouldn’t prioritize making money out of your blog, at the end of the day, it doesmatter.
One of the niches that is quite popular is tech, a sub-niche of which is gadget review blogs.
There is no doubt that a gadget review blog can be popular, especially with how consumers have become fixated on gadgets -from mobile phones to tablets to computers to other electronic devices. So, yes, the simple answer is you can earn from running a gadget review blog. It is a matter of how much you expect to earn.
If you’re thinking about starting a gadget review blog, there are two questions to ask yourself.
1. Do you buy the gadgets out of your own pocket?
This is a critical consideration because you will have to shell out a considerable amount of money in order to purchase gadgets. If you have that kind of money, then you’ll have the advantage of being able to say that you are truly unbiased in your review.
Another just as important thing to factor in is how and where you buy devices for your gadget review blog. Again, you have two options:
- A brick-and-mortar store
- Online shops
Both types of stores offer all sorts of discounts, so you just have to do your research and be patient so that you don’t have to pay more than you have to.
A piece of good news when it comes to making purchases is that, in the near future, you won’t have to worry about credit card debt as well as security/ID theft. A new payment technology called IFAN Financial Inc. (OTCBB: IFAN) is about to launch a secure and convenient way of paying for your purchases. It makes use of a device called iPIN, which is plugged into your mobile phone or your computer; so whether you are shopping at a physical store or an online shop, you can use this device.
How does it work and why should you be interested in iPIN?
iPIN works just like your ordinary debit card works. Once you plug the device into your phone or computer, you swipe your debit card, and the payment goes through immediately – as long as your account has enough funds. The advantage of this is that you will not fall into the trap of maxing out your credit card only to find that you are neck deep in debt.
The premise of the technology of IFAN Financial Inc. (OTCBB: IFAN) is to make it faster and more secure for consumers because the merchant does not get any of your information at all.
Right now, the IFAN Financial Inc. (OTCBB: IFAN) tech is yet to launch, but they are going to partner with shops offline and online, and you will be able to buy your gadgets for review using this tech.
To learn more about how iPIN will make your life easier, watch this video.
2. Do you rely on review products given by companies?
This will certainly save you a lot of money because many manufacturers or marketers/agencies give away their products to gadget review blogs without expecting them to be returned. They allot a budget for these items to be given away.
That being said, there is the question of how objective can you be in this case?
Let’s face it, even though the source of the gadget says, “Please give us your unbiased opinion”, do you really think you can be 100% objective?
Maybe. Maybe not.
However, if you want to be respected by your readers, one thing is compulsory: you should disclose if you were given the gadget for free.
How can you make money?
It’s up to you which route to take, and you can even make it a mix.
As for making money, there is the traditional way of getting a lot of traffic and earning from AdSense. Relying on this for earnings will not work, however, if you do not make splash first and gain enough traffic.
One way to drive traffic to your site is promoting and marketing your content.This will also take time, but if you do it right, and you have enough patience, you’ll get there.
Another way to gain a larger audience is to hold giveaways. This might hurt you financially at first if you buy your own devices for review. If you are given gadgets by companies, then you won’t lose anything. In fact, it will score you points, as you do not keep the devices for yourself.
Advertisements/endorsements. This is also a touchy subject, because some companies may want an exclusive deal with you. For example, if X telecom gives you X money per month, they may give the condition that you can’t review or advertise anything related to Y telecom. This money-making method can give you lots of earnings, though.
Depending on how you handle your gadget review blog, you can make some money. It all depends on how strict you are when it comes to “free” review products and advertising.
Have a little patience, provide excellent reviews, and you just might make big bucks out of your gadget review blog.
5 Real Ways to Actually Make Money Online
How many articles are there about making money online? Thousands? Millions? Enough? Probably. But there’s a problem. Too many of them are just sales pitches to convince you to sign up for some seminar, webinar, training session or some other way to become an online millionaire.
They really give online money making a bad name. But it is possible to make money online. I mean, the people selling all of those millionaire pitches are making money, right?
There are legitimate ways to make money online. The problem is that the real ways to make money aren’t “get rich quick” schemes.
Most of them require a lot of work and sometimes a lot of dedication before seeing a return on your time. But if you really want to make money online, work from home or turn an idea into a business, you can do it. You can even earn money with apps if you don’t want to venture all the way to the computer.
I’m going to tell you about all kinds of legitimate ways to make money online. Since we are talking about legitimate jobs, you’ve got to be…well, legitimate. Many of these options are real jobs that require you to put in hours if you want to get paid. They also require real work. Here are some tips for actually getting the job:
- Take it seriously. Yes, you’re applying for an online job. Yes, you can do the work in your underwear, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a “real job”. You must treat it as such or they aren’t going to treat you as a serious candidate. You aren’t the only one who wants to work in their underwear. In fact, the competition online is likely higher than it is in your local area.
- Be professional. When you submit a résumé, don’t type it in ALL CAPS and please don’t avoid the caps lock like the plague. Know how to use it without looking incompetent. Write in complete sentences with proper grammar. Of course, there will be exceptions, but even with the exceptions, you must keep it professional. You’re building their view of you.
- Give some, but not all. Whether you’re providing writing samples, a photography portfolio or links to your work, give them enough examples to get the idea, but not so many that they don’t even know where to start. And while we’re on the topic, give them some of your background information, but don’t tell them your life story.
- Double check yourself, before you double wreck yourself. Make sure everything you send to a company, whether a résumé, an email or a portfolio, is good to go. Double check your grammar and wording, and for God’s sake use spell check! This is especially important when it comes to the company’s name. Don’t spell their name wrong and be sure to type it how they type it (e.g. Problogger, not Pro Blogger).
1. Websites That Pay
Let’s go ahead and get this out of the way. There are all kinds of websites that will pay you for various things, such as shopping, taking surveys or testing products. No, I’m not getting paid to promote any of these and no, these websites won’t make you a millionaire, but they are great for earning some extra cash. I’ll leave out the scams.
Here are some legitimate websites that pay:
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is great for earning some extra cash. You can do a variety of things to make money, from taking surveys to using their search engine. You won’t get rich, but you will earn a few bucks. If you have the time to kill, you can spend it earning some extra cash, instead of surfing the web.
- InboxDollars – InboxDollars is similar to Swagbucks, since you’re going to be taking surveys, shopping, etc., so if you want to maximize your return, sign up with both websites. They also offer a search engine that pays you (like Swagbucks) and you get $5 just for signing up. I won’t continue to list survey sites one after another down the list, but if you want to get paid to take surveys, also check out GlobalTestMarket, E-Poll Surveys and Survey Club.
Photo credit: Source
- Project Payday – Project Payday is one of those sites that has testimonials of people who have earned thousands of dollars by getting paid to get trial offers. I’m not saying you’ll earn thousands, but it is legit and you can earn some extra cash. They assume that by paying you to do a free trial, you’ll either like the product and purchase it, or forget to cancel the trial and get charged for it. If you can keep track and cancel before you get charged (if you don’t want the product), then this is a great site for making some money.
- User Testing – User Testing pays $10 a pop for testing websites. A test usually takes about 15-20 minutes. The purpose is for a website owner to watch someone, who is new to their site, try to navigate it. The value that the site owner gets by watching an actual user experience is worth a ton, but $10 isn’t a bad pay-out.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is a great place to make a few bucks or spend a few bucks if you need some of the services people offer. Basically, everything is $5. You either pay $5 or charge $5. They call them “gigs.” You can offer your services however you choose. If you sell art and you’re fine selling pieces for $5 each, that’s a gig. If you’re a graphic designer and you want to offer your services for $10/hour, simply offer a 30 minute gig. If they need two hours of graphic design, they pay you $20, or $10/hour by buying four gigs.
- IZEA – IZEA works in addition to a blog or on its own. You get paid to blog, tweet, take photos and take videos. The pay is mostly based on your following, so if you want to make money with your tweets, you’ll need to grow you Twitter following. Likewise, if you want to make money with blogs, you’ll need substantial blog traffic (more on blogging below).
2. Freelance Writing
Freelance writing is one of the most popular ways to earn money online. Many successful freelancers can earn an average of 50 cents to a dollar per word. Some are earning twice that!
Of course, it doesn’t start out like that. You’ve got to build your portfolio and your résumé, blah blah blah. If you’re interested in writing, I’m sure you know this. If you’re not interested in writing, I wouldn’t recommend traveling down this road just for the money.
It takes dedication and time, though it can be highly profitable if it’s what you love. Assuming it is what you love, let’s talk about making money with it.
Before you decide to start reaching out to all of these freelance writing companies, you need to have a web presence. You need a blog (in my humble blogger opinion, of course).
If that’s intimidating, just start with these 50 resources.
Now for what you’ve all been waiting for; once you’re ready to actually start making money, here are 10 websites you can start with:
- Listverse – Listverse pays $100 for each accepted post. The article must be a list, it must be at least 1,500 words and you must include at least 10 things. Other than that, you can get pretty creative with it.
- TopTenz – TopTenz pays $50 for each accepted post. Again, the article has to be in a list format and it must be at least 1,500 words, with few exceptions. They post often so your chances of getting accepted are fairly high.
- A List Apart – A List Apart pays $200 for each accepted post. They’re not first on the list, because they tend to publish less articles, which means you have a smaller chance of getting accepted. Same guidelines as above, 1,500 word minimum.
- International Living – International Living pays $75 for each accepted post. They are mostly looking for travel experiences from countries you have visited. For this site, it’s more about your experience than your writing ability.
- FundsforWriters – FundsforWriters pays $50 for each accepted post. They are looking for articles about writing and making money with it. They only accept articles between 500-600 words, but they want you to make each word count.
- Uxbooth – Uxbooth pays $100 for each accepted post. They do tend to take four to eight weeks to accept and post articles, so don’t count on this being a quick money maker. They take so long, because they pair with editors to only publish amazing content.
- iWriter – iWriter pays up to $15 for each accepted post. That may seem small, but they aren’t as strict as many of the others above and they also allow you to pick exactly what you write. You can write as many or as few articles as you want.
- Textbroker – Textbroker pays up to five cents per word, if you’re a 5-star writer. You’ll start by submitting a short sample article and you will most likely start as a 3-star writer, but you can work your way up by writing more and writing great content.
- Matador Network – Matador Network pays up to $60 for each accepted post, but standard pay is around $20-$25. They don’t really focus on a minimum word count, but they have a maximum count of 1,500 words.
- The Penny Hoarder – The Penny Hoarder pays up to $800 (rarely), depending upon the number of page views you receive. The pay starts at $100 for 50,000 page views, so this isn’t a guaranteed paid article, but it can potentially be highly rewarding.
There’s no doubt that you can make money with freelance writing, but it’s a process. Once you start building your portfolio and your writing skills, you can start making some serious money. If you’re not an experienced writer, expect to put some time in before you really start to see some dough.
3. Sell Your Stuff
Ever since the idea of online auctions came into existence, the online selling market has been on the rise. Many are interested, but don’t know how to get started. There are still all kinds of ways to make money by selling online, whether you’re selling what you already have or buying and selling like a store. Before we get started, here are a few general tips when selling anything online:
- Get a PayPal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you’ll want to get one if you’re doing business online. It’s the standard in online business for receiving payment and paying others.
- Take good pictures. Some of the options below don’t require you to actually take the picture and sell the product, but for the ones that do, make sure you take a clear picture that makes your product stand out from the others. If you’re going to be taking a lot of pictures, set up a small “studio-like” area in your home with a backdrop and proper lighting to really make your pictures come across as professional. And of course, you’ll want a good camera too.
- Be honest. If you’re selling used items, be honest about every dent, scratch, blemish, etc.. This will reduce many issues you could run into and keep your reviews positive.
- Do good business. Plain and simple. Whether you’re selling on a small site or opening an online store, your customer service matters. You’ll want to get those positive reviews and make a good name for yourself. Respond to questions, concerns and complaints. Offer a guarantee if available.
Follow those guidelines and you will do well in online sales. When you’re ready to start selling, here’s where you go:
- Amazon – Have you heard of FBA? It stands for “Fulfilled by Amazon” and it’s getting pretty popular. Basically, you buy products (in bulk is best) and ship them to Amazon for them to store. When your products sell, Amazon packs them up, ships them out and sends you the money (after taking their cut). There are people making a full-time living from FBA, while others just do it for some extra money.
- CraigsList – Some things don’t ship very well. Other things may make you feel uncomfortable to sell to someone across the country. Anytime you’re selling a large item or something you just don’t want to ship, Craigslist is a great place to go. It’s simple to list your item (again, take good pictures!). If you don’t like the idea of putting your phone number out there, the interested individual can send you a message to your inbox without even getting your email address.
Photo credit: Source
- eBay – Of course you can’t read an article about making money online that doesn’t mention eBay. You can start an eBay store and get serious about it or you can just sell some stuff to declutter your home. Either way, I’ve made my fair share from selling on eBay and it’s still a popular way to earn money. If you decide to start an actual eBay store, you’ll want to find a drop-ship business like Doba that will store and ship items straight to your customers so you don’t have to deal with an inventory.
- Etsy – If you like to create arts and crafts, you can sell them on completely free to open an Etsy store. You simply sign up, post pictures of your creations and starting selling. You can choose your payment option, but PayPal is generally the easiest. Etsy makes it easy to sell and keep track of your inventory. There is a small listing fee and they take 3.5% of every sale you make.
- Facebook – Facebook swap shops are great for selling things locally. It’s like CraigsList, but a little easier. You simply search for swap shops in your area and ask to join the group. Once you’re in, take a picture of the item, write a quick description with the price and post it. It doesn’t get much easier than that. You can generally expect to get about what you would get at a yard sale, maybe a little more.
Hey look, an article about making money online that doesn’t mention blogging. . . oh wait, here it is.
First off, I’m a blogger so it seems wrong not to mention it, but more importantly, it’s a legitimate way to make money. It’s quite possibly the least straight-forward way on this list, but it’s very doable and it’s also quite possibly the funnest way on this list. I love blogging and I know hundreds of bloggers who feel the same. So let’s talk about making money blogging and what it really means.
Blogging is something that requires patience, persistence and discipline. It may mean writing everyday for over a year before you really start to see any money from it. There are exceptions to the rule, but from my dealings with other bloggers, it seems to be pretty common to spend one or even two years building your blog, your brand and your authority, before making any serious amount of money.
Some people argue that you can make money without a lot of traffic and while that is true in some circumstances, you will generally need a lot of website traffic to start earning from a blog and that takes a while. Once you’ve reached that point, here are the primary ways to monetize your blog and start earning:
- Advertising – This is definitely the most old-school way of earning money with a blog. It’s also starting to become the least common way. You can sell advertising spots directly on your site or you can sign up with a company like Google AdSenseor Media.net. Either way, you won’t see a whole lot of money from ads until your views are well into the thousands each day.
- Affiliates – There are many affiliate networks, such as FlexOffers and CJ Affiliate that allow you to promote other people’s products and services. You simply put a link or a banner on your page and then you get a percentage if someone clicks through and buys the product/service. You’ll want to select products that are specifically within your blog’s is an effective way to earn money once you have the traffic coming to your blog.
- Membership – Many people have created a paid membership area on their blog. This is typically for exclusive content that you can only access in the “member’s area.” If you have a really great idea on what to include, this can be a great idea. You’ll have to create something that can’t easily be accessed around the web.
- Products – You can create your own product, such as an ebook or computer software. You would then use your blog as a promotion tool to get people to buy your product. As long as you create a legitimate product with a whole lot of value, you should be able to get some buyers, but like everything else with a blog, you’ll need the traffic to get the sells.
- Services – You can offer a paid service, such as life coaching, blog coaching, goal setting or financial planning. Just be sure to investigate all the legal implications and make sure you’re not claiming to be a professional if you’re not one. With a service like this, you’re basically using your blog to sell yourself. You’ll need to convince people that you’re worth buying and then be able to back up your claims once they purchase your service.
- Sponsored/paid posts – Many blogs publish sponsored and paid posts. Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. Your basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your traffic before you will get many offers.
- Subscription – If you think of something valuable (newsletter, online magazine, etc.) that you can consistently offer on a certain basis (weekly, monthly, etc.), you may want to offer a subscription service. This could be a fee charged each time your product is sent out or on a monthly basis. Either way, this has to be something that your customers can only get by subscribing to your website.
- Videos – This could be an entire section on it’s own. Many people have made money by creating YouTube videos. Evan of EvanTube is a kid and he has made millions by creating reviews of products that other kids his age would use. It’s not easy to get views into the millions, but once you do, you’ll start seeing some cash come in. Many bloggers have completely turned to videos to get their point across by starting a video blog.
If you’re truly interested in becoming a blogger, start by looking through the archives of ProBlogger, Copyblogger and Boost Blog Traffic. Then go read through all the free guides over at Quick Sprout. It may take you a year to complete those tasks alone, but it will be worth it. You’ll practically have a MBA in blogging.
5. Work-at-Home Companies
Finally, there are some companies that will hire you to work from the comfort of your own home. If you’re interested in working for someone else, while still making your own schedule and deciding where to work from, here are a few companies that will let you do just that:
- CrowdSource – CrowdSource offers many types of jobs from “microtask” jobs to larger writing and editing jobs. You decide how much you work and you can do most of it right at your computer.
- Demand Studios – Demand Studios is hiring all kinds of creative professionals, from writer to filmmakers. The pay isn’t amazing, but it’s competitive for a work-at-home job.
- Fast Chart – Fast Chart allows you to work from home as a medical transcriptionist. There are some requirments and qualifications listed on the page, but if you meet them, you’ll make competitive pay for the industry. You’ll also be able to set your own schedule since you’ll be working from home.
- Leap Force – Leap Force is one way that Google rates websites for search engine ranking. If you’re hired, you make decent money (usually over $11/hour), you set your own schedule and it can be pretty fun to view and rank websites.
- Liveops – Liveops is a call center that allows you to work from home. Once your set up to take the calls, you can begin making a weekly schedule and working from home. The pay is generally close to $10/hour, but you can earn more with commissions.
- SpeakWrite – SpeakWrite will pay you up to $15/hour to transcribe information. You set your own schedule and work from home.
Now you’ve got many different options to start earning online. If you saw something that really interests you, try it out and learn more about it. If you’re really wanting to make a full-time income online, you need to be dedicated to learning how to do what you want to do. There are tons of free resources out there. You just have to search for them!
If you’re not making a full-time income as a freelance writer, then it’s time you knew the truth. It’s time you knew what’s really holding you back and what six-figure freelance writers know that you don’t.
And I Guarantee, It’s Not About BeingA “Good Writer”
If you can write – even at an average level – then you already have what it takes to quit your day job and make an incredible income as a freelance writer.
Today, I’m going to reveal the real reason so many writers fail to make the six-figure income they deserve…
…and how you can finally start attracting long-term clients and high-paying writing assignments within just hours from now.
Hi, I’m Maggie Linders
…and over the past decade, I’ve seen what it truly takes to become a successful freelance writer.
Starting from scratch with no experience, no contacts and no clue where to begin, I clawed my way to the top to become a six-figure freelance writer.
But don’t worry.
You don’t have to spend years figuring this stuff out like I did because today, I’m going to share the real secrets to success that I’ve had to figure out the hard way.
I’m going to show you how to get started, how to find high-paying clients and jobs, and ultimately, how to run a successful freelance business from anywhere in the world.
(Plus, if you already have some writing experience, I’ll show you how to scale your freelancing business to a six-figure income too.)
But first, there’s an important issue I want to address, and that is…
What’s Stopping You From BecomingA Well-Paid, In-Demand Freelance Writer?
You’re likely here right now because you enjoy writing and you like the idea of working for yourself and having freedom over your own time. You may be dreaming of quitting your day job, becoming your own boss, and earning great money as a freelance writer.
But You’re Struggling To Get Started…
Becoming a freelance writer – and I mean the kind of writer who earns enough money to quit their day job – is probably harder than you thought.
Tell me if any of these 4 things sound familiar…
#1 You can’t find any work
This is one of the most common obstacles most aspiring freelance writers face.
Well, what if I told you that there were that you could apply for – and win – every single day?
I know it doesn’t seem that way right now, but I promise that once you know where to look, (and it’s not always on the freelancing websites) you’ll about finding daily work again.
It’s easy to think there’s no work out there or that all the best jobs are always snatched up by experienced writers, or that nobody wants to pay you more than 5 cents per word.
But I promise, that’s simply not true.
Right now, freelance writers are in and thattrend is only increasing.
Why? Becasue every business needs a webisite (heck, I’ve even seen with their own webstires).
And you know what that means?
That means there’s a virtually unlimited number of people who need help with their website content.
From ecommerce store owners, to bloggers, to business coaches, and even other freelance writers…
…there are millions of people and businesses that need content…
…not just today, but every single month.
Again, you just need to know where to look. Or better yet, let somebody else find the work for you (more on that in a second).
But, let’s look at what else could be holding you back…
#2 You’re worried that you’re not “good enough” as a writer
I think most writers feel this way at some point.
But I guarantee, you can make a small fortune as a freelance writer, even if you have and even if you’re an “average” writer.
Take me, for example. I don’t have a journalism degree. I didn’t study literature. And frankly, I’ll never be an award-winning writer.
And when I started freelancing nearly 10 years ago, I certainly didn’t have any previous experience or business savvy.
Yet, here I am today, looking back at an incredible 10-year freelance writingcareer that shows no signs of slowing down.
I’m not saying this to show off, but to prove to you that even if you have an average writing ability, you can make a very nice living from freelance writing.
Okay, next up
#3 You don’t feel confident
You’re worried about approaching new clients, staying focused, meeting deadlines, or raising your rates. All of these worries create fear that stops you in your tracks.
I felt this way too when I first started freelancing.
But you know what helped me overcome all of that?
I figured out the best system for overcoming every hurdle that stood in my way…
A system for improving my writing skills.
A system for knowing when and how to charge more.
A system for managing deadlines and staying focused.
A system for approaching clients and winning jobs.
When you have the systems in place, you can simply follow a script – or a process – to get results, day after day. I’ll show you the systems I’ve developed over the past 10 years to win high-paying jobs consistently, and attract awesome clients who keep coming back for more.
And that brings us to our third and final roadblock…
#4 You don’t know where to begin
Right now you probably feel lost, confused, frustrated, overwhelmed and maybe a little scared to start freelancing if you are new to this, particularly if you’re thinking about quitting your day job, and if you have a family to feed.
And I don’t blame you. After all, there’s just too much confusing and conflicting advice out there, mostly from people who have never made a single dime from freelance writing in their lives.
But that ends today because I’m going to show you…
How To SMASH DOWN These RoadblocksAnd Finally Become The Well-Paid Freelancer That You Deserve To Be…
To succeed as a freelance writer
…there’s a hard way, and an easy way.
For me, I was forced to take the way
…spending YEARS learning from blog posts, books, and expensive seminars…
trying to figure out the secrets to success as a freelance writer.
And although it was worth every drop of sweat, I don’t recommend you take that route, unless you have a lot of patience and years to spare.
I’m Going To Show You A MuchWay To Start Making Money As A Freelance Writer
Look, I’m not here to brag, but there’s a reason why I made from freelancing last year when so many other writers – who are twice the writer I’ll ever be – struggled to pay their rent.
And it’s because I have proven in place…
…systems that have taken me years to figure out and fine-tune.
…systems that eliminate the same roadblocks you’re facing right now.
And today I’m sharing with you every single system, tool and shortcut I’ve developed…so you don’t have to.
And they’re all waiting for you inside…
LAUNCH A Successful
FREELANCE WRITING CAREER
IN 8 WEEKS OR LESS!
The Freelance Profit Academy (FPA) contains all of my hard-won secrets and systems along with ongoing coaching and support, all designed to help you become a five or even in the shortest time possible.
And I GUARANTEE that within the next 8 weeks, you’ll be able to use the top secret tools and systems inside my Freelance Profit Academy to launch your own successful freelance writing career from home, or it’s FREE.
I know that sounds like a big promise, but I also know that FPA is second-to-none, and it is…
Changing People’s Lives, All Over The World…
“Nothing short of amazing”
What Maggie teaches is nothing short of amazing, making it all seem doable, including finding work, avoiding scams, and, of course, getting paid.
Deirdre Brennan | New York, NY
Here’s What’s Inside…
From the moment you join the Freelance Profit Academy, you’ll get access to I know and use to make six figures per year as a freelance writer.
These are things that have taken me almost a decade of blood, sweat and tears to figure out the hard way, so you don’t have to.
Starting with my flagship…
Based on my original book and my most popular training programs over the past few years, the 8-Week Success Bootcamp is packed with nearly , revealing every secret, shortcut, trick and tip to quickly take you from total rookie to running a successful freelance writing business from home.
Let’s take a closer look inside…
Week 1 | The Success Launch Pad
Week 1 is all about setting up a rock-solid foundation for success… everything from workspace setup, to time management, to work/life balance, to the “boring” but necessary stuff like client agreements, accounting and taxes. By getting all of this going in the beginning, you’ll give yourself aspringboard for locking in great clients and jobs and ramping up your income quickly (all of which we cover later in the course).
- 5 ways to make money as a freelance writer
- How to approach freelance writing as a business (not just a hobby)
- Creating a productive work-at-home environment
- Simple mind-set “hacks” to stay focused and get stuff done
- A 5-step, realistic goal-setting trick every writer should know
- Calculating your business expenses (and why it’s a critical first step before finding clients)
- How to truly calculate your hourly rate (and it has nothing to do with what you or what your client thinks you’re worth)
- How to create a “fluid” rate and why you need one and when to use it
- How I divide my daily hours to make sure I get paid and grow my business (and why those that don’t do this are destined for failure)
- A simple way to create a business plan so you can stay on track and achieve your income goals easily
- My kick-butt time-management system that ensures I get stuff done, keep happy clients, grow my business, and have a healthy social life (including specific free tools I use to speed things up)
- How to write more in less time and avoid burnout with 3 simple tricks I was lucky enough to learn early in my career
- NDAs, taxes, accounting, and all that stuff you must do to avoid costly legal battles and enemies at the tax office
- How to protect your physical and mental health, avoid burnout and keep sharp in your career
- My “alternative outsourcing” trick to get you ahead of the game when things start to get too busy
Week 2 | Let’s Get Visible
In week 2, we’ll get “down and dirty” with some simple but highly effective marketing tactics to get your name out there and start attracting great clients.
- The most essential places to be, and be seen online, to build your presence and get in front of your perfect clients… for free
- An in-depth guide to creating a professional website that positions you in the best possible way including choosing a domain name, “tech-free” website creation tools, putting together your website layout and essential pages, understanding persuasion and influence tricks, and other tips for creating a client-attracting website
- The 3 biggest and best websites to grow your presence and attract clients for free, starting tonight
Week 3 | Let’s Get Visible
By raising your writing game, you’ll be able to attract bigger pay checks, better clients, great testimonials and a whole bunch of referrals. In week 3, we’ll cover the essential strategies for getting good at writing and creating a name for yourself.
- The 13 common grammatical errors that give writers a bad reputation and ensure they don’t get hired again (and how to fix them fast)
- 11 simple fixes to improve your writing style, impress clients, and raise your prices
- 7 types of writing gigs that you can become a specialist in, and earn more money as a result
- An in-depth guide to online research (the real secret sauce to becoming a darn good writer who stands out from the herd and who is worth
Week 4 | Getting Clients
In week 4, you’ll learn exactly how to attract all the clients and work you’ll EVER need, and then some. I’ll show you the best places to find clients, how to avoid scams, and tips for beating the competition and winning the best jobs (including what to say and how much to charge).
Heres what you’ll discover:
- How to find quality jobs on Craigslist (and easily avoid the scams)
- Free tools to automate your Craigslist job searches
- Little-known places to find fantastic job opportunities on Craigslist that most writers always overlook
- How to post an effective Craigslist ad that gets seen and filters out the time-wasters
- How to quickly vet clients who approach you on Craigslist so you avoid fraudsters from day one
- A simple trick to get fresh job opportunities delivered to your inbox, for free (and be the first to apply before the masses rush in)
- Dozens of little-known, legit and high-quality job resources for writers that you can tap into tonight (without the usual competition from freelance bidding websites)
- The 7 biggest job opportunity scams to avoid so you never get burned out wasting precious time, energy and money
- My 4-step system for replying to job ads that can dramatically boost your chances of getting hired (including real-life examples and templates)
- Should you quote an hourly fee or a fixed fee? The truth might surprise you, and I reveal all!
- The only 2 times you should lower your rates when applying for jobs and why
- Should you offer rewrites? If so, how many? And should they be free? Find out inside!
Week 5 | Tripling Your Income As A Specialist Writer
In week 5, you’ll learn all about the biggest secret to success as a freelance writer, and also get step-by-step instructions and examples. You’ll also discover the #1 golden opportunity for freelance writers and how you can exploit it to earn .
- The 3 golden rules and 4 simple questions to finding your specialist subject
- The biggest mistake when choosing your specialist subject that will literally make the difference between a 5 and 6-figure-per-year income (plus a detailed strategy for avoiding this mistake from day one)
- A 7-step process for branding yourself as a specialist writer and attracting higher-paying clients from all around the world
- How to further specialize your skills to truly stand out in your field, with 10 real-life examples you can use today
- The BIGGEST specialist opportunity to make insane money as a freelance writer, and why it pays so well
Week 6 | Autopilot Clients
In week 6, we’ll ramp up your marketing to create an stream of clients who already want to hire you, before you even talk to them.
Heres what you’ll discover:
- The 4 things you must have to become a respected, “seen everywhere” freelance writer that clients can’t ignore
- The #1 FREE client-getting strategy that most freelance writers ignore (and it’s much more reliable and effective than relying on word-of-mouth referrals) – INCLUDING an in-depth, step-by-step training session to set this up fast
- A highly detailed, step-by-step plan of action to attract clients on Facebook all day long, for free
- A step-by-step strategy to attract clients on Twitter for free (including a few secret free tools that will make your life so much easier)
- Another highly detailed plan of action to attract clients on LinkedIn for free
Week 7 | How To Find (And Keep) Higher Paying Clients
In week 7, I’ll reveal how to create a captivating pitch that wins more clients, how to develop a practically unbreakable bondwith your best clients, how to price competitively without getting ripped off, how and when to raise your rates, how to earn more per client, and the secret places to find top-paying clients online.
- The real difference between a good client and a bad one (and 6 signs that allow you to spot problem clients before you ever waste a second working for them)
- 10 places to find higher paying clients that most freelance writers overlook
- A simple strategy to pitch higher paying clients and win the job (even if they’re not looking to hire you!)
- An actual email template you can use to send to potential clients and land high-paying gigs tonight
- How to move into the six-figure realm of freelance writing by charging your clients more, without them flinching or backing down
- How to create professional job/project proposals for high-end clients so you don’t get screwed
- A freelance writer agreement you can swipe to use for your own business to protect you from legal troubles and ensure you get paid
- How to create professional invoices to send to clients
- The tool I personally use to track time, manage invoices and make my tax returns so much easier
- How to interact with clients professionally to gain respect and ensure the job gets done to their exact specifications (and one of the biggest mistakes a lot of freelancers make when talking to clients that could seriously damage your business)
- The 10 things you must do to make sure each client keeps coming back for more
- A couple of simple tricks to land work with old clients who have fallen off your radar (this is super important if work ever dries up, which does happen even to the best of us!)
Week 8 | Quitting Your Day Job And Scaling To Six Figures
In this final week, I’ll give you a proven plan to help you fully transition from your old 9-5-day job to a lucrative freelance writing career, without ever looking back. I’ll show you how to cement your reputation as an in-demand writer, how to have clients lined up around the block at all times, and how to ensure you never worry again where your next paycheck comes from.
Heres what you’ll discover:
- A quick review of everything covered over the past 8 weeks
- A 4-step action plan to put everything into motion and eliminate any lingering doubts or fears (if you haven’t already!)
- 7 ways to earn even more money from your work, including passive income opportunities!
- How to ensure your success after the training is complete and your “training wheels” are taken off!
That’s A Total Value Of $1,132 Worth Of VideoTraining That’s Been Carefully Designed To Move You Along The Optimal Path To Success As A Freelance Writer…
In addition to the step-by-step videos, we’ve included additional resources to enrich your learning experience and help make it as easy as possible for you to absorb and apply everything that you learn, including:
Easy guidelines and structures, and always there to answer questions
- Suzanne Caruana
“After going through Maggie’s Freelance Writing training, I am confident to try out what I have always wanted to, for many years. I have always dreamed of being able to provide extra support for my family but never had anyone or anything to encourage me. I’ve always wanted to find something which is truly effective and most of all, something I really enjoy. I now have easy guidelines and structures on how to freelance, and for me, this is fundamental. Plus, when I need help, Maggie is always ready to answer. That convinced me that this training isn’t a gimmick.”
But We’re Not Done Yet…
Here’s What Else You’re Getting InsideThe Freelance Profit Academy…
Members-Only Job Opportunities
This amazing tool ensures you’re at a lack for quality job opportunities again.
The fact is, there are thousands of freelance writing jobs out there scattered across hundreds of online job boards.
Not only are there way too many jobs to choose from, but it can also be difficult to know which ones are legit and high-paying vs. those that are low-quality jobs or just downright scams.
You can easily waste hours every single day trying to wade through everything and figure this all out.
Fortunately, we do all this hard work for you at the Freelance Profit Academy.
Every single day, my team scours hundreds of jobs across the Internet, hand-picks only the best opportunities out there, and posts them to your account.
This means that you’ll waste your time on low-quality assignments or scams ever again.
» Total value = $149
Thriving Support Community
Our private forum is packed full of writers at all levels, and it is where you’ll go to get practical help and moral support from fellow writers, if you ever need it.
You’ll finally have a place to hang out with people that “get it.” Whether you want to make new friends, collaborate with others, or just get a quick pick-me-up, you’ll love being part of this .
You’ll also find me, Maggie Linders, and several other successful writers and editors in the forum, on standby, ready to help you smash through that try to block your path to a successful freelance writing career.
- Get feedback on your work
- Get advice on your taxes
- Get inspiration from other writers>
- Find an accountability partner
» Total value = $49
Monthly Training Events
Each month, we run training events and hangouts where we get you up to date on what’s working, what’s not working and where the next big opportunities are in the world of freelance writing. From writing techniques to pitching clients, to the hottest time-management tools and technology, we keep you up to speed in this rapidly changing freelance landscape.
Each event is not only recorded, but also transcribed so you can read, watch or listen to the training, wherever you go.
» Total value = $99
I made $225 in my first week
- Kathryn Nevin
“I LOVED Maggie’s freelance training. It not only inspired me, but it gave me particular “to-do’s” that are attainable and make sense. In particular, I really appreciate the straightforward writing style; it’s an easy but packed read — packed full of practical ideas that are presented in a respectful but challenging way.
Maggie addresses the whole phenomenon of the aspiring writer’s “mindset.” She gives the reader an uplifting reminder that you are the only one that can be determined and decide to succeed. This was a turning point for me.
After taking Maggie’s advice, I realized that my fears really were holding me back and that I was the only one that could break free of them. So I resolved to get my freedom. I set about honing my skills and polished my writing — and then I just put myself out there. I submitted proposals, I refused to get discouraged, and kept referring back to Maggie’s information as I went along. I made $225 in my first week.
And then an amazing thing started to happen. I started to get clients. I never thought I would actually make it to this point. It took about six months to see strong results, but here I am, getting clients regularly, and even getting repeat clients. I have my own online editing and writing business now called Eagle-Eye Editing. It’s a great, great feeling, and the rewards are definitely worth whatever struggle you go through on the way. I’m getting paid. And I’m getting paid by REPEAT clients. Her training made all the difference between me sitting and staring at the computer and actually putting my skills to work. I risked enough to “get out of my comfort zone,” as Maggie says, and it continues to pay off. I really thought I couldn’t do this at one time. Now I’m confident enough to branch out and try my hand at assignments that would have been too daunting to me in the past. Thank you Maggie Linders for leading me out of a crushing sense of inability into an exhilarating sense of self-empowerment!!”
Here’s What You’re Getting When You JoinThe Freelance Profit Academy Today…
That’s A Total Value Of $1,429 In Tools,Training, And Personal Support.
But, You Can Get Access To The FreelanceProfit Academy Today For
Yes, that’s right…
… I want to give you a to The Freelance Profit Academy, which includes all the tools, the job opportunities, the step-by-step training and the personal support you need to succeed…
… for just $1.
Then, once your 7-day trial period is over, you can continue your membership to The Freelance Profit Academy for just .
That works out to just 96 cents per day to create a lifestyle that most people can only dream of.
Now when you join today, you’re also protected by our 60-day money-back guarantee.
If within 60 days you decide to cancel, you can also request a full refund if the program didn’t meet your expectations in any way and we’ll gladly process it for you, no questions asked.
That’s how confident I am that you’re going to love the Freelance Profit Academy.
I’m willing to take on the risk because I know that the value you’ll get is going to well exceed the small cost to maintain your membership.
Come Join Me For A 7-Day Trial For Only $1
CANCEL ANY TIME. NO CONTRACTS. NO HIDDEN FEES.
YOU ARE GETTING: 8-WEEK SUCCESS BOOTCAMP | MEMBERS-ONLY JOB BOARD
PRIVATE COMMUNITY | MONTHLY TRAINING EVENTS
BONUS: 6-FIGURE FREELANCE WRITER INTERVIEWS
But wait, join us today and you’re also getting…
Three Interviews With 6-Figure
Want to hear the insider secrets from three super successful freelance writers who walk the walk every day?
Now you can sit back and listen in as three of the world’s top freelance writers share their stories, their experiences, and all of their hard-won secrets to success.
You’ll hear from…
Brian Honigman, who has been hired by big players such as Dell.inc, Entrepreneur magazine, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post and many others, to write their content.
Within these 3 rare and candid interviews, you’ll discover…
- How writing isn’t the most valuable skill of a 6-figure freelance writer
- The secret to getting big clients to approach and hire you, when everyone else is chasing and fighting over low-paid scraps
- The importance of pacing and how it’s crucial to keeping current clients happy and avoiding one of the biggest problems that can easily end a freelance writer’s career without warning
- The single biggest thing you can do to land almost any gig over the competition, even if you’re not the best writer on the table
- The prospecting formula that gets clients to pay attention to you, even if they’re flat out busy (and why you should avoid templates like the plague)
- How to mentally deal with a client that has issues with your work, so that you don’t burn your bridges or destroy your own soul
- How to position yourself and your subject to automatically command higher rates than the low-paid, starving freelance writers that plague the low-quality job boards and freelance bidding websites (and how this also eliminates so much of the competition to make it far easier to land clients)
- A real-life, prime example of personal branding done right (and why this matters possibly more than anything else you can do to land clients and beat the competition with your little finger)
- How to structure a website that lands clients without confusion
- 3 places to find free portfolio-building tools to create portfolios that look clean, trustworthy and get noticed
- The 3 essential social media profiles that every self-respecting, client-hungry freelance writer needs to have if they want to get found and win clients online
- The simplest trick to landing hassle-free clients that love you (and hire you over and over again)
- The one common tool almost every single one of your competitors will overlook when it comes to winning new business (it’s not software or hacks, but it will put you leaps and bounds ahead of your closest competitors)
- How to know exactly what to charge clients so that you stay well fed and your clients keep coming back for more
- The “big picture” strategies to keeping the clients rolling in, and so that you never worry where the next paycheck is coming from
So what are you waiting for?
The Freelance Lifestyle Is Closer Than You Think!
You’re just a few mouse clicks away from all the training, tools, and support you need to reach your financial and lifestyle goals.
Whether you want to spend more time with your kids, take exotic vacations, or simply buy a bigger house in a better suburb…
…freelance writing can enable you to earn a solid income without answering to a boss, commuting to work, or being a slave to the clock.
The Freelance Profit Academy gives you you need to succeed…
- The step-by-step training (to land better-paid jobs, improve your writing, raise your rates, manage your time, and smash your deadlines)
- The tools and systems (to automate tasks, get more done, and scale your business to six figures)
- The support (to keep you on track, eliminate roadblocks, clear the confusion, and help you reach your goals)
- The members-only job opportunities (to put paid work on your doorstep saving you hours hunting down jobs by yourself each day)
- The top secret expert interviews (revealing a wealth of shortcuts, tricks and wisdom to help you get paid more, win better clients, and get more done in less time, from real writers who are living the dream)
100%, 60-Day Success Guarantee
You’ve got an entire 60 days to test drive the Freelance Profit Academy to see if it is right for you. If you don’t love what is waiting for you inside, for any reason, or no reason at all, you pay nothing.
When you order today, you’re also getting 3 private mp3 interviews from successful, six-figure freelance writers who reveal their biggest lessons they learned the hard way.
But you need to hurry. Spaces are limited so that I can ensure all my students get the time and attention they deserve.
Try It For 7 Days, For Just $1!
YOU ARE GETTING: 8-WEEK SUCCESS BOOTCAMP | MEMBERS-ONLY JOB BOARD
PRIVATE COMMUNITY | MONTHLY TRAINING EVENTS
BONUS: 6-FIGURE FREELANCE WRITER INTERVIEWS
“I’ve made over $2000 in 3 months”
I’ve wanted to write for years, just didn’t know where to start. I came across Maggie’s training one day and quickly got started. I thought to myself, if I can just get one payday, even if it’s only $5.00, I’ll know I can do this. Sure enough, I’ve made over $2000 in 3 months and even though that’s not a lot of money, it’s a start. To anyone just starting out, just keep going and enjoy what you do.
“Already gained a few direct clients!”
Maggie has inspired me—and so many others—to pursue what we love doing, and make a living out of it. Since following your advice, I’ve already gained a few direct clients, and it’s because of your great teaching techniques that helped me get there. Thank you Maggie!
“Made over $1,500 in the first 30 days”
Since taking Maggie’s training, I have made over $1,500 in the first 30 days…
Your advice helped me get hired on the spot, even obtain a sweet assignment that paid more than the standard rate… Thank you Maggie!
“Now a full time freelancer”
Thanks to Maggie, I’m now a full-time freelancer. As direct result of your training, particularly the focus on mindset and focus, I was able to boost my confidence and earn more money. I have been contacted by a recruiting firm for a long-term contract!
But You Need To Hurry…
We have a we can give out before we have to close the doors. This isn’t a scarcity tactic. The reason we keep spaces limited is so that I can carefully monitor every single student’s progress, and be there for you when you need me.
If I allow too many aspiring writers through the door, I simply cannot offer the level of support you deserve.
I don’t like turning people away and I wish I could help every writer that wants to join us at The Freelance Profit Academy, but it’s just not possible, so I have to operate on a first-come, first-served system.
So don’t leave it to chance. I can’t guarantee the doors will remain open until tomorrow, or even an hour from now.
So click the order button below to join The Freelance Profit Academy today for just $1, and test drive it for an .
Then, it’s just $29.95 per month to continue getting access to everything we talked about today.
Get Access For 7 Days For Just $1,
Before Spaces Are Full…
- Our Flagship 8-week Online Training Course
- Exclusive Job Board
- Thriving Support Community
- Monthly Training Events
- Top Secret Interviews
- 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee
I wish you the best of luck in your freelance writing endeavors, and I hope to see you on the inside.
Yours in Success,
I’ve spent figuring out what works, and what doesn’t work in the world of freelance writing.
From getting clients to raising your rates, to the tools that can save you hours per day and make you a better writer, we’ve got it all figured out so you don’t have to struggle alone for years like we did.
Come join our success-driven community to get moral and practical support, dive into the training videos to become a more productive and better-paid writer, snag exciting and legitimate jobs from our daily job board, and stay in the loop on new discoveries with our monthly events, all for just $29.95 per month (that’s just 96 cents per day!)
Start your risk-free 7-day trial for just $1 today and fast-track yourself to the freelance writing income you deserve.
It sounds crazy to say it but last year I made just over from freelancing alone, working less than 6 hrs a day on jobs that are rewarding and fun. The way things are going, I fully expect that figure to be even higher this year.
And, I’m not alone. Let me show you how thousands of us are making life-changing incomes working from home or on the road, and living a life that most people will never know.
Let’s face it, freelance writers are a lucky bunch. Armed with a laptop, a smartphone, or even just a pen and paper, they can make money on demand, anywhere in the world!
…I don’t believe anybody should write for 5 cents a word. When you work for peanuts, you end up resenting clients and eventually you just burn out.
Inside The Freelance Profit Academy, we’ll deliver awesome jobs to your door every single day, and we’ll also show you how to find high-paying jobs on demand, whenever you want.
I know it’s not always about the money. In fact, the only reason I wanted to become a freelance writer was so that I could create my own schedule and have the financial freedom to spend more time with the people I love (and maybe sip a glass of wine in the backyard on a Monday afternoon while everybody else spent the day stuck in some office).
And I promise, you can have this life – this level of freedom, this kind of money – as a freelance writer, once you have the right systems in place. And those systems are ready and waiting for you inside The Freelance Profit Academy.
However, I can tell you for certain that it will simplify the whole process and remove a lot of the painful roadblocks that stand between you and the awesome freelance lifestyle that’s waiting for you around the corner. And hey, for just $1 to peek inside for an entire